CONTRACT POSITION- CHAPLAIN (Resumes Only)
Application Deadline: December 31, 2022 17:00
CONTRACT POSITION- CHAPLAINAT THE CHARLOTTE COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE- CORRECTIONS FACILITY
The Chaplain is an independent contract position. This person will provide non-denominational chaplain services to inmates within the Charlotte County Jail for 27 hours per month. Services must be rendered evenly on a weekly basis.
- Crisis intervention, to include inmate and department member counseling
- Hospital visitations
- Provide religious guidance for inmate grievances referencing specialty diets, or other religious accommodations required by the inmate population.
- Provide any other services that are customary for a chaplain.
- Visit the inmate population in the housing units when onsite
- Provide religious guidance for inmate grievances referencing specialty diets, or other religious accommodations required by the inmate population, contact community groups and churches for religious guidance, donation of religious materials and enlistment of volunteers, as requested from the inmate/detainee population.
- Participate and provide spiritual education in the Correction's Faith Based Housing Program. All education classes provided will be approved by CCSO.
- Display extensive knowledge of various religious denominations and their practices.
- Provide effective written and verbal responses as required by the Corrections Bureau.
- Provide CCSO with Ordained Chaplain credentials that originate from a recognized religious institution, and hold at a minimum, a master's degree in Ministerial or Theological Sciences.
- Abide by all statutes, ordinances, and all policies and safety protocols required by CCSO to include those in effect and hereafter adopted.
- Be compliant and abide by all Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA) policies.
The Provider will provide to the CCSO Ordained Chaplain credentials that originate from a recognized religious institution and hold at a minimum of a bachelor's degree in Ministerial or Theological Sciences.
Please submit resumes to: Recruitment@ccsofl.net, by Fax (941) 575-5257, or drop it off at the Charlotte County Sheriff's Office Headquarters Main Lobby at 7474 Utilities Road, Punta Gorda Florida.
Date posted: June 15, 2022
View other job openings